Friday, June 17, 2011

Let's Meet Megan.

In January, I decided that I wanted to live on-campus at Texas A&M next fall. Although I know several people living in College Station, I opted for a “potluck” roommate. I wanted to meet someone new and experience dorm life- for better or for worse. I knew that it could be potentially really bad… I have heard all of the horror stories. However, it would certainly be a learning experience that would forever be engraved in my mind. I joined an Aggie roommate finder site in January and met several girls. I felt like it was an online dating service for roommates. You would find their Facebook, stalk their pictures, interpret all of their given information, and message them if interested. It sounds strange, but that is the process. Throughout all of this craziness, I met Megan Aduddell. She will be my roommate next fall and she is from League City. Today I met her in person for the first time, even though I’ve been getting to know her throughout the past several months via technology. She drove into Sugar Land and we met up at my house. I gave her a tour, she viewed my senior legacy, and we headed to lunch at Pei Wei. It was so great getting to know her, talking about our plans for next fall, discussing decorating ideas, and exchanging our dramatic tales from high school and our expectations for college. She seems innocent and humble. I hope that our journey together as roommates  goes as smoothly as possible. We will learn a lot and it will definitely be an adjustment living in the same room as someone else. I feel like we are one step ahead of the game by hanging out in the summer. Megan is a sweet girl and I would like to formally welcome her to my college life blog!