Monday, May 14, 2012

Freshman Year.

I can’t believe my freshman year of college is officially over. I moved back to Sugar Land a couple of days ago and the reality of it is finally starting to hit me. It seems like just yesterday that I was at my New Student Conference frantically signing up for classes and wandering like a lost soul on campus. I have come a long way since then and a million things have changed. Thankfully, I have documented the past year of my life through pictures and blog posts. I feel like my blog followers have experienced my freshman year right alongside me. I was a very involved Aggie from the beginning and I believe that I took full advantage of everything Texas A&M has to offer. From the Greek community to the FLO World, my life was a little busy to say the least. There was never a dull moment and the planner was always filled. My transition to college was relatively easy and not many people are able to say that. Although I was extremely involved, my freshman year was not defined by my hectic schedule. My year was defined by the relationships that I formed and the people that I met throughout those many organizations. There are multiple people that have changed my life and challenged me to become a more selfless leader. These people have become some of my very best friends.  There was a reason that each and every single one of them came into my life and became a part of my freshman year experience. They are each so unique and bring something different to my life. Even though our first year together has come to an end, I am confident that this was only the beginning to several lifelong friendships. College isn’t easy. In fact, college is rather difficult. I’ve heard it said that, “College is getting comfortable with being uncomfortable.” And that statement couldn’t be any truer. You live in a dorm with a pot-luck roommate, you do your own laundry, you decide whether to go to class, you choose to apply for organizations, you study countless hours for one test, you determine how much free time you have, you meet new people that instantly become your closest friends, you try to avoid the freshman fifteen, and you wash dishes in the same sink that you brush your teeth. College is uncomfortable, but it is the place where you discover who you truly are. What made you unique is what made you cool around this place. I am still the same person that I’ve always been, but I simply became a more confident and independent version of that girl. My freshman year at Texas A&M far surpassed any expectations I might have had. Somehow I managed to balance academics, friendships, organizations, fitness, and fun. Many people have told me that their freshman year at A&M was by far their favorite year; however, I believe the best is yet to come. Freshman year rocked my socks off; it was the bee’s knees, the cat’s pyjamas, the greatest thing since sliced bread, everything I wanted and so much more. Words cannot express how thankful I am for every single person that made an impact on my life this year. Through MSC FISH, Tri-Delta, Fish Camp, Impact… the list goes on and on. My first year at Texas A&M is now complete and this summer will be spent in the sweet city of Sugar Land. Even though I will miss College Station and all of my friends, I know great memories and adventures will be made in Summer 2012! I am now creating and designing my digital blog book from freshman year. Each year at Texas A&M will be a separate volume of Peace, Love, & Gig 'Em. I still have a ton of editing ahead, but I can't wait for this hard cover book to be complete! As for now, THIS is my last official blog post for my freshman year, but don't you worry... there will be plenty more to come!!!