Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Madness

This blog consists of my entire month of May since I’ve been back in Sugar Land. It has been fast paced and very different, but eventful to say the least. I am starting to think "busy" is just my way of life. Living in College Station this past year was so great and I miss all of my friends tremendously; however, few things compare to spending time with my family. I completed an Economics May Mini-Mester at WCJC, which pretty much consumed my life. I had class every day from 8-12 with plenty of tests, papers, and lectures about things that I could care less about. My first weekend in Sugar Land, we celebrated the Colborne’s 30th wedding anniversary. Shannon and Janelle planned a surprise party for them with all of their friends. The Colborne’s have been our neighbors ever since we moved to Texas in 1993 and they are pretty much a part of our family. We also celebrated Mother’s Day, Aunt Diane’s 60th birthday, and Caitlyn and Chris’ wedding. I attended a funeral for my dear friend, Mark Agatep’s mother. She was an incredible woman and her funeral reminded me of the importance of leaving a legacy. Katy Lowery and I traveled to Surfside Beach for the day to relive our glory days. It was fun packing a picnic, catching up with old friends, and relaxing with our toes in the sand. One afternoon, a few people from MSC Fish reunited at the Houston Race Track. We played mini-golf and raced go-karts for an hour. It was so great to see some familiar faces from college and spend time with this great group of people. My brother, Jason, flew into town from Charlotte, NC this past weekend. I haven’t seen this crazy kid since Christmas and it was so great to have him back in Texas. We celebrated my baby sister’s 12th birthday on Saturday. I can’t believe she is already finished with sixth grade… Shannon’s growing up way too fast! We hosted an Amazing Race themed birthday party—each Engle was a Team Captain. Katy and I were the leaders of the Purple Team and it was an absolute blast traveling throughout New Territory completing different challenges. It is so rare for the entire Engle gang to be in the same place at the same time. Between schoolwork, family activities, various celebrations, and everyday life— blogging has not been my first priority. Summer in Sugar Land has been fun, but a different kind of fun! I miss having a social life on the weekdays and grabbing lunch with my friends on a regular basis. I miss walking on the A&M campus to go to class... my drive to WCJC doesn’t quite compare. I miss my Fish Camp and my partner, Dave. I miss life in College Station. However, there really is no place like home. May has been madness, but I am so thankful for every last bit of it. Through tears and celebrations, reunions and deep conversations, parties and countless errands… this is just the beginning of my busy summer.