Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chicken LITTLE

On Wednesday night, Tri Delta had its BIG/LITTLE reveal. Nationals ensure that every Tri Delta member is given a “Big” 12 days after Bid Day—which fell on September 5th. This is rather early, but thankfully I was given a little that I absolutely adore. In the first week of the semester, we are given temp littles in order to get to know all of the new girls much better. On Sunday, we preffed our littles and the new deltas preffed their bigs. We matched them all up on Sunday night, and I happened to be a perfect match with the one and only Janie Tekell. This was one of my DG babies and my Star Baby during recruitment. The moment I found out she was a Tri Delt, I knew I had to be her big. It is unfortunate that all of the clues leading up to tonight fell during recruitment week for MSC FISH. I have been going non-stop and wish I could have spent more time crafting for my little like the rest of the house. However, I knew she would understand my busy schedule. The first clue was given on Monday and I placed a giant poster board on her dorm door. The rest of the clues were little riddles along with a few presents. It all led up to Wednesday night and I couldn’t have been more excited!!! Everyone gathered at the house wearing ridiculous costumes. There were babies, pumpkins, hot air balloons, reindeer, grandmas, thugs, and so much more. I borrowed a chicken suit from Steven Baker and forced Janie to be my perfect “Chicken LITTLE.” I dressed as a farmer and forced her to scream, “The sky is falling, the sky is falling.” It was pretty epic and dressing up is always fun—especially when you get to laugh at her in that ridiculous costume. It is still unreal to me that I met her at Fish Camp. Janie is incredible and I feel so blessed to have her as a part of my life. From my DG baby to becoming my LITTLE in Tri Delta… She is such a big part of my life. I know she will do incredible things at A&M and I am so thankful to be a part of her journey. I am so happy for all of the new Tri Delta families and can’t wait for us to start our own dynasty!