Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Dynasty

Tonight was the Big/Little Reveal! In every sorority there are “families” and the generations build on top of one another. For the past nine days, we have had temporary “bigs”. We ranked them in order from one to five. Once I arrived to the house after my various meetings, PC ’11 met in the TV room. We were instructed to find our name on an index card in the dining room and follow the tangled string mess throughout the house. There was string EVERYWHERE! Girls were crawling on the floor, hopping over the tables, and climbing over masses of string. I ended up following the wrong string, but eventually I found my way to my bag of goodies. Every family wore different costumes and filled the bags with t-shirts, candy, craft projects, and other miscellaneous goodies. When the time finally arrived, I discovered that my “Big” was Courtney Reed. She is a sophomore business major and she is an absolute sweetheart! She gave me a few clues leading up to our big reveal, and I was hoping that I would one day become a part of her family! She loves painting, outdoors, sports, frozen yogurt, and peanut butter. We’re pretty much a match made in heaven. Our fantastic dynasty was dressed as the Tetris board game. We were each a different piece that fit together perfectly. It was so original and I absolutely loved the creativity! Courtney painted me three deltas that I hung above my bed and passed down several Tri-Delt shirts to me. Natalie Low is my “twin,” which basically means Courtney has two “littles”! I met Tess, my Grand-Big, and Meredith, my Great-Grand-Big! Our family is definitely the best and we have a legacy of being a part of the Recruitment Team. I couldn’t have been more excited to be placed with such great group of girls. My favorite part of the night was looking at all of the different families and their costumes. There were cows, hula girls, cowgirls, princesses, army chicks, babies, gangstas, cookies monsters, Mexican chicas, and so many more. The Big/Little reveal was a MUCH bigger deal than I was expecting coming into the night! Afterwards, my family went on our first “Fro-Yo” date to Yogurtland, and it was perfect. I can’t wait to see how much our Big/Little relationships grow throughout the upcoming years!