Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's Party Time!

 
This weekend was by far the best weekend to date in college. Jason and Lauren came into town on Thursday Night. They brought me several birthday presents and a ton of energy. We met up with some people for dinner and went out on the town. This was Jason’s first time to return to College Station since he graduated in December. We hung out with several of his friends on Northgate and had the time of our life. The conversations in the car ride are simply unforgettable and the memories created were absolutely priceless. I spent the day with Lauren and Jason walking through campus, eating lunch at Wehner, and shopping at the Aggie tent sales. Friday night, the rest of the family came into town. I was only able to see them for a half an hour because I had my mandatory MSC FISH meeting. After the meeting, I met up with the entire gang. I was definitely afraid of having a FOMO- Fear Of Missing Out. Friday night was a blast! I absolutely love all of Jason’s friends from college. On Saturday, we had the A&M vs. OSU Tailgate. It was a party all day long! I got to see Michelle Roche for the first time since I have become a member of Tri-Delta. This girl was the reason that I became a Tri-Delt, so this was beyond exciting! Keep in mind… I had ZERO voice by this point. I didn’t feel well while I was in the hot sun at the game and I knew I was on the verge of illness. Taking my ability to speak away was almost worse than taking my eye sight away. I left the game early and went to the hotel with my precious baby sister, Shannon. We put on our pajamas and watched OSU defeat the Aggies 30-29. It was a sad, sad day in Aggieland. In the midst of our grief for the Ags, we popped in the new movie Bridesmaids and laughed at that instead. This weekend was filled with family, tailgating, football, food, and too much fun. I couldn’t be more thankful for my amazing family and time I got to spend with them in College Station. I am exhausted, sick, and slightly overwhelmed, but I wouldn’t take a single moment back. It was party time this weekend… every last minute of it!