Sunday, April 1, 2012

Parent's Weekend!

This weekend was perfect in every single way. Saturday morning, my family arrived for Texas A&M’s official Parent’s Weekend. There were a million things going on, so I made them a custom itinerary for the day. It all began with a presentation by MSC FISH at 8 am. It was early and overwhelmingly hot in Rudder 301, but it provided our parents with the perfect opportunity to become well informed of our organization and what exactly we do. The presentation consisted of our chairs, execs, ADs, and fellow freshmen speaking about our mission, our projects, our memories, our schools, our committees, and so much more. I think it was overwhelming for the parents to realize just how many service hours their student volunteer each week. It made me even more proud to be a part of this incredible organization and see the enormous contributions we have made over the past year. After the MSC FISH event, we headed over to the Business School for brunch. I gave them a personal tour of campus… I walked them through the clock tower, introduced them to Sully, explained the meaning of the Century Tree, announced the grand re-opening of the MSC, and showed them just how long the walk is to my 8 am class every day. We visited the Taste of Aggieland near Kyle Field and shopped at the Aggie Mom’s Clubs boutiques in Duncan Dining Hall. My Dad attempted to win a car, but sadly our luck fell a little short. We headed over to the Tri-Delt House for a BBQ and a brief tour. Considering this is where I will be living next fall, it was fun showing them around!! We went to the grand re-opening of JJ’s Snowcones in Bryan and it was the perfect way to end the day. I had an absolute blast with my parent’s and my baby sister all day in Aggieland. I can’t thank them enough. I truly have the best parents in the entire world. I am thankful they support me financially and always take an active role in my life. I would be no where without their constant love, encouragement, and wisdom. I love the both to the sun, the stars, the moon, and back! After showing them around Texas A&M the entire day, the saying will always be true…“From the Inside Looking Out You Can’t Explain It… From The Outside Looking In You Can’t Understand It.”
 
On Sunday morning, I woke up bright and early to support our MSC FISH boys in Bro-Bowl. This is the all FLO Football tournament amongst the men of each organization. Our boys are highly competitive and unbelievably athletic. Needless to say… we were still bitter about the outcome of the powderpuff tournament in the fall and we were ready for redemption. Our boys played all day long and the girls provided great cheerleading entertainment. We made t-shirts, drew posters, brought food, and chanted all day long. Even though I could only stay until noon due to other obligations and my insanely busy schedule, OUR BOYS WERE THE BRO-BOWL CHAMPIONS! They beat FLiP in the championship game, and I couldn’t be more proud of them and the outcome of this tournament. WE WON FIRST PLACE… FINALLY! It was an unbelievably successful weekend filled with a day at the lake, time spent with my family, victory on the fields, painting KFD banners, and workin’ it at the Tri-Delta Rush Workshop!