Saturday, August 6, 2011

Campers & Careers!

Today has been a very exciting day and I couldn't resist blogging, yet again! We drove to Columbus, TX and picked up Shannon from Pine Cove Outback. She spent the last week at camp and we missed her tremendously. My experiences at Pine Cove were by far some of my favorite memories growing up, so I couldn’t be more excited for Shannon to be a camper there this week! Once we arrived, there were luggage totes, hyper counselors, and exhausted campers everywhere. We sat through the closing ceremonies, watched them dance around to worship songs, and listened to Shannon’s ‘Character Qualities’. She was slightly disappointed with her counselor, but overall she had a great week! On the way home, we stopped at the Shell Gas Station where Lauren received one of the best phone calls of her life. She was hired as the newest Labor and Delivery Nurse at St. David’s Hospital in Austin, TX. It was her dream job and we were ECSTATIC for her accomplishment! Lauren starts in October and will live with two of her very best friends. She is officially employed and couldn’t be more thankful for this opportunity. I am so proud of her perseverance and hard work throughout this job searching process!! To celebrate, we went to Dairy Queen and ate tasty Blizzards! With all of this excitement surrounding me, I am reminded that I move out in exactly TWO weeks. Our family is beyond blessed and we are anxious to see what else the Lord has in store for us in the weeks to come!