Friday, August 5, 2011

Surprise!

This blog post will be short and sweet! Janet Colborne and Sandy Coombs planned a surprise birthday celebration for Mom’s 50th birthday. They are her best friends and thought she deserved a little something special! Literally 5 minutes after arriving home from Fish Camp, I hopped in the car and went downtown with Lauren and Dad. I was past the point of exhaustion from camp and the only thing I wanted to do was shower and sleep. However, I knew it would mean a lot to my mom if she saw me there. The celebration was at Howl at the Moon, a dueling piano bar in downtown Houston. It was the first bar I’d ever been to and I used Lauren’s passport as my I.D. Yikes!! :/ This place provided one of the neatest and most unique nightlife experiences in the country. They had several talented musicians that performed songs from all genres and made the audience apart of the show. A bunch of my mom’s friends came out to help celebrate her birthday and she was completely surprised to see all of us. The entire night was a huge success and my mom had an absolute blast. She may be fifty, but she still loves to let loose and have a great time! She was a dancing machine and the life of the party all night. I was highly entertained and so thankful I decided to come help her celebrate her 50th!!!